Friends of the Middlesex 
   Fells Reservation

Pamphlet: "Middlesex Fells Reservation", reprint of 1898 article by Wm. B. de las Casas

6 in stock
    View cart


Read about the efforts in the late 19th century to "ensure that there was ample open space for exercise and recreation near Boston." 10 pages. Great old photos! The article “The Middlesex fells” first appeared in The New England magazine, Volume 24, Issue 6, August 1898. William B. de las Casas was, in the late 1800’s, Chairman of the Metropolitan Park Commission, the predecessor of the former Metropolitan District Commission (MDC), now within the Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR).
© Friends of the Middlesex Fells Reservation
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software